Monday, August 15, 2011

Jesus and Islam? Would some of my Muslim brothers please explain this for me. I am a Christian, now.

I love how the answers on this site raise more questions. To start, I was raised Christian (my family celebrated christmas and easter) and consider myself one still. Last night I read an answer on here that caused me to do a little research (that lasted pretty much all night). I always knew that Muslims believed that Jesus was a good teacher but not mush else. I just learned that it goes FAR beyond that. Islam considers him as a prophet AND a messenger (I learned that there is a difference in Islam as well). The part that amazed me the most is that Muslims believe in the immaculate conception, the fact that he was raised to paradise, and here is the most amazing part, he will return! The prophet Mohamed (sorry if I spelled that wrong) even said he will return in syria! All of this agrees so closely to the Christian faith its is fascinating! However here is my question... Knowing all of this (both religions believe), why is Mohamed (again, sorry) looked upon with a higher reverence and held higher in the Muslim faith than Christ? If Mohamed himself said that it would be Christ who returns wouldn't that mean that God (Allah) puts more responsibility and trust in Jesus? Please do not take offense at my ignorance of this, I am just now finding all this out and truly looking for answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment