Monday, August 15, 2011

How do you overcome a food addiction?

I hate to admit it, but I think I have an addiction to unhealthy foods.... I used to be appropriately thin for my height of 5'6 and my bone structure weighing 140 lbs. I worked out really hard to be that way, but I did it. Then in October of 2008 I got pregnant, hemorrhaged at 14 weeks and almost lost my son, so I was put on bed rest for the duration of the pregnancy. Needless to say I gained about 50 lbs, and a year and a half later im all but 5 lbs lighter. Recently I've gotten off my a$$ and been working out. Since the summer actually. I started out with light exercise for a month, increased it again and again doing low-impact aerobics. for the past month ive been doing an hour of kickboxing 6 days a week, but all this time no weight has come off. it must be my diet. i just cant stop eating! ive got 2 kids so ive got a ton of kid food that im always munching on. we order pizza at least once a week, eat out another day. i try to cook healthy, but either i epic fail the dinner or no one wants to eat it. ill try, eat turkey for lunch or a bowl of special k, but my dinner all i can think about is that chocolate pudding in the fridge or that can of pringles and before i even realize it ive downed half a bag of dove chocolate. i don't know how to stop! its like my brain just shuts out the willpower department and sabotages all my efforts. please give me some way to conquer this! any advice? im so sick of being fat. i just want to fit into my old clothes again!

No comments:

Post a Comment